hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: BikeJournal.com

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

BikeJournal.com

I've had a very cool experience this week. A year and a half ago a guy named Rob Barfus wrote me a note about The Race and introduced me to a Web site called BikeJournal.com. I ended up participating in some of their message board discussions about my book, and got a taste of what a unique community it is. The guy who runs it, a cyclist who goes by Slatz, has built everything around setting cycling goals and building relationships. He's constantly making improvements of one sort or another.

I returned to the site a week ago to let them know about the progress of my new book and they welcomed me with open arms. I mentioned that my cycling training had suffered considerably because of my efforts to write and market cycling books. What a paradox. The next thing I know, one of the members has anonymously purchased a membership for me. Among other things, that means I get a little bar graph next to my name showing what my riding mileage goal is for the year. So suddenly I have monster motivation to get into the sort of shape I ought to be in. I want to thank that anonymous person for the kick in the butt, and I look forward to participating on BikeJournal.com.
Cheers,
Dave Shields

1 Comments:

Blogger IronGambit said...

haha that's a good story right there ;)
I am going to add you to my links for bloggers if that's ok with you! :)

9:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home