hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: I'll Have My People Call Your People

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Friday, January 14, 2005

I'll Have My People Call Your People

Before I created Three Story Press and published my novel I had sent hundreds of queries out to agents looking for representation, but nothing had ever worked out. One day, shortly after the first books came off the press and long before the official publication date I went skiing with a client of my former company. Our conversation eventually turned to my books. He ended up purchasing a copy and loved it, then he purchased another and sent it to his friend who had won the Faulkner Award for Fiction. His friend loved it as well and contacted me about it. He asked if I'd be willing to forward a copy to his agent (who just happens to be one of the hottest agents in the history of agenting).

What a great day it was when she called and offered to represent me. Her client list reads like a Who's Who of publishing, and then there's me. She tells me that my book has "a special something," and she feels that the right publisher could transform it into a blockbuster. Oh, did I also mention that she has great taste? ;-)
Cheers,
Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home