hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: The 25 Hour Day

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The 25 Hour Day

I keep wondering where that 25th hour goes. I could use it to write my blog updates, and once I find it I will. Right now the other 24 are spent in an exciting combination of critiquing manuscripts from promising authors (I'm working on two at the present time), working on re-writes of my sequel (four critiquers are currently giving me invaluable feedback), working with my agent and others on potential opportunities for the current book (there are some interesting possibilities in the works), and trying to juggle family obligations (my most important role, by far). I'll forever be in awe of families of six, ten, and even twelve kids. I knew kids from families in all of these scenarios growing up. Now that I'm a parent myself I can't conceive of how their parents did it.

Uh oh! I've got to find some time to pay the bills (and I better go earn some money to pay them with). Gotta go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home