hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: Holy Guacamoli

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Holy Guacamoli

The weather report this morning said a chance of scattered showers. Tell that to the thousands of spectators who cycled to the top of Woody Gap and other locations along today's Tour de Georgia route. Lightning felled a tree only 100 yards from one group. Marble sized hail pelted everything in sight. It was a truly epic day for weather.

Regardless, the pro cyclists rolled on. By the time they finished they looked like death warmed over, but these guys are used to that feeling. It's been a great race and the crowds are massive. The sport of pro cycling is alive and well in Georgia.

I got another piece of great news last night. The Race is one of three finalists for the Ben Franklin Awards in the catagory of "Best New Voice - Fiction." The winner will be announced in early June. I'll cross my fingers, and my "T's".

2 Comments:

Blogger Jassy Lupa said...

Hey, I just finished reading your novel, "The Race" and wanted to give you some feedback.

First of all, I bought the book from you on Wednesday in Fayetteville, Georgia. I had you sign the book to my husband and our dog that we ride with - Lee Bondy and Eartha Kitt.

Anyway, once I picked up the book and started to read it, I could not put in down! It was great!

I learned a lot about the sport that I am growing to love more and more each year.

We drove down from North Carolina/Virginia mountains to attend the Tour de Georgia. It was a thrill for us, and I have to say one of the best things of all was buying your novel and reading it this week.

I look forward to seeing more writing from you in the future!

9:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my eyes you are the author who deserves the Ben Franklin Award for "Best Voice" period.

With the utmost respect.

David L. Jaeger
Phoenix, AZ

7:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home