hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: The Tour, Baby!

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Tour, Baby!

I'm stealing the great title from my pal Scott Cody, but this is a different Tour. TheTour de Georgia is about to start and I'm in Augusta waiting to roll. It was a spectacular race last year and promises to be even better this time. The organizers are to be commended for turning this race, in only it's third year, into the most prestigious cycling event ever to be held on American soil. The atmosphere here is incredible!

The logistics each day could change at a moment's notice, but right now it appears that I'll be signing books from a van that will preceed the cyclists down the course. I hope it works as planned because that will give us the opportunity to see a lot of country, meet a lot of people, and spread the word about my book. Tomorrow (or maybe I should say today since it's very late) will be a series of pre-race festivities and press conferences, and then on Tuesday, off we go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home