hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: Finalist!

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Monday, April 04, 2005

Finalist!

I got word today that The Race is a ForeWord Magazine Book of the Year Finalist! The winner will be announced in early June at Book Expo America. Just reaching this level is a huge honor and lift, but winning would be fantastic. I don't know how much work I'll be able to get done with my fingers crossed for the next two months, but I know that I have a lot of work to do so I better find a way.

I'm headed to Atlanta for the Tour de Georgia later this month. CNN invited me on for an interview on 4/18 at 10:45 a.m. Eastern Time. I'm grateful for the opportunities they have given me to tell people about the incredible sport of cycling and to make their viewers aware of my novel.

After the interview I'll be doing two signigs a day for the remainder of the week. In the mornings I'll be in the city where the Tour de Georgia starts, and in the evenings I'll be in the towns where it finishes. I can't wait to return to this great race. It's a huge logistical undertaking. Last year the organizers pulled it off to perfection and turned it into America's premier stage race. I expect even better things from them this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home