hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: They Say I've Sold Out...

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

They Say I've Sold Out...

And they’re right! Out of the almost 600 books I brought to Georgia with me, I only have five remaining. I’m holding those back just in case Lance Armstrong or someone along those lines chases me down asking for a signed copy. Hey, I can always dream, can’t I? I’ve been told that many of the cyclists have read my book, but I’ve been so busy I haven’t been able to talk to many of them about it. After Tom Danielson won today I met his parents and wife and they said Tom had read the book. I gave them my e-mail address and hopefully I’ll hear from him. Tom may be America’s next big star.

The weather today was atrocious again. It was freezing cold, windy, and snowing. What a massive difference from the weather this race enjoyed last year. That didn’t deter the fans, though. They were on the hillside in the thousands, many of them way underdressed and shivering uncontrollably. Everybody seemed to get heated by another incredible stage, though. What an event!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home