hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: An Incredible and Unexpected Honor

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

An Incredible and Unexpected Honor

Moments ago I received a package in the mail. It contained a carefully folded American flag along with a certificate from Aviation Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division, Camp Taji, Iraq. It explains that this flag was flown over Baghdad on May 24, 2005 from an AH-64D Apache Longbow Attack Helicopter in my honor. A few months ago I had donated some books to the troops. I was proud to receive e-mails from them saying how much they enjoyed the story, and a little bit curious when they asked for my address. Now I know why, and their gesture totally floors me. Thanks guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home