hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: Ready, Set ... Wait

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Ready, Set ... Wait

Yesterday I signed books at a great bicycle race in Lancaster, PA. I wish I'd had time to visit one of the nearby Amish farms. It must be an incredible challenge to live such a lifestyle these days. Unfathomable technology is assaulting all of us from every angle. Nowadays I'm particularly intrigued because one of the best bicycle racers in the world today, Floyd Landis, grew up Mennonite. He's totally altered my image of that culture. I met Floyd's family while at the Tour de Georgia. What a wonderful group of people.

I'm full of nervous energy at the moment because tonight is the Ben Franlin Awards Banquet. I'm in NYC awaiting the ceremonies. The Race is a finalist in two categories. I'll let you know how things went at my first opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home