hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: A Second Shot!

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

A Second Shot!

I've just been notified that "The Race" is one of three finalists for a second Ben Franklin Award. This time it's "Book of the Year for Excellence and Innovation in Marketing (Budgets under $10,000)." It is a huge honor to even become a finalist, and it is energizing to know that others have noticed what we have accomplished on a shoe-string budget.

Though at one level Three Story Press is a one man show, I say "we" because there is such an incredible group of people who are supporting my efforts in one way or another. They number in the hundreds, at least. It will never be possible to properly thank them all. They include people like Jamie Lankford of NovelPros in Houston who has shared advice and experiences as well as typesetting expertise, Ginger Roberts of E-Corporate Solutions in Atlanta who has welcomed me into the Tour de Georgia and given my book a fighting chance, and Vaughn Trevisanut of DailyPeloton.com in Los Angeles who has spread the word about my book tirelessly and driven thousands of people to my Web site. I could go on and on, and I'd barely be scratching the surface. The Morris family in Salt Lake City have been wonderful in so many ways, and my own family has been spectacular. Thank you all so much. If I win, I will dedicate the honor to all of you.

The Ben Franklin Awards will be presented June 1 in New York City. That event and Book Expo America are sandwiched perfectly among the Wachovia Series of cycling races in Pennsylvania and Jersey. I'll be traveling back and forth between the two over the course of seven days. It's going to be an exciting week! I'd cross my fingers, but I've got too much work to do at the moment, so I'll just cross my "t's" instead.
Rubber Side Down!
Dave Shields

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home