hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: Rewards of Awards

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Rewards of Awards

Today I signed books today at the Park City Cycling Festival. With the Ben Franklin Award on my table, I can't tell you how much easier it is to convince readers to give my book a shot. It lends legitimacy to my work. That's good for me and good for readers, because I know they are going to like it. As usual, people came by all day long saying how much they have enjoyed the book, and how many people have read their copy. That makes me happy, because I need to get this tale into a lot of people's hands in order to find somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody who has the power to make it into a big budget movie, or who has connections with an influential media. Readers contact me daily saying that this story needs to hit the big screen, and I couldn't agree more.

The Ben Franklin Award also played a role in landing an interview on Park City Television. It's the coolest little resort town network. Watching it makes me feel homesick for the days I used to live in a tiny little Park City miner's shack while working in the Park City Ski Area Marketing Department.

I've got to give Host/Producer Ori Hoffer big props. He found out about my novel, booked me on the show, read the story and became informed, and then conducted a great interview-- all in the span of less than two days. The station is sending me a CD so once I figure out how to convert it to a wav file I'll post it on my Web site so that you can take a look.

Thanks for all of the support, and I'll keep you updated on developments. The next thirty days are going to be big. I guarantee it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home