hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: Tragedy on the Road

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Tragedy on the Road

This weekend a Park City cyclist named Bill Corliss was killed on a road I ride from time to time. Shortly afterwards I received an e-mail account from another cyclist who was present at the time. Events like this rock the cycling community, partly because they happen so frequently. I often find myself wondering if there are ways that I can improve the situation. One of the reasons I wrote my books is that I wanted non-cyclists to understand why we were on the road. So, in tribute to Bill, I'm making this more than a blog post. I'm making it a permanent part of my Web site here, and I'm working with friends to develop a program that will have real impact. Together, we will make a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home