hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: Thanks, Anonymous.

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thanks, Anonymous.

I've been so busy handling the repercussions of my major announcement that I forgot to let my blog readers know what the major announcement was. Fortunately, someone just sent me an anonymous reminder. So, here's the big news:

Saul Raisin and I are writing a book together. His parents are a big part of this, too. Like most cycling fans I had been following the story of Saul's recovery since his terrible accident this spring, then one day to my great surprise, he contacted me. Soon we were talking about the possibilities of a book, and then I arranged to visit his home in Dalton, GA. The details I learned about his story took this project to a whole new level for me. I will work my hardest to do them justice in the re-telling.

It's been inspiring to experience Saul's progress first-hand over the last few months as his recovery has progressed. The improvements are a direct result of his incredible drive. Saul is one of the most passionate people I've ever encountered, partially because of his near death experience. He wants to tell his story for the benefit of brain and spinal chord injury patients and their families. He knows first hand how difficult it can be to keep fighting, but he also knows the rewards. He says that the recovery is the toughest thing he's ever accomplished in his life, and I can't wait to show you why. Saul's story is nothing short of miraculous. I'm thrilled and honored that he and his family have chosen me to help share it with you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,

You and Saul--a great team. I am so excited to read the book.

Peace--Charlie

11:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home