hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: My Own Yellow Jersey?

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Thursday, June 30, 2005

My Own Yellow Jersey?

I've just learned that The Race is currently Amazon's #1 Bestselling Sports Novel! Though rankings are always subject to change, you can check out the current list here. I wonder if taking the yellow jersey so early is a good strategy, though. This means I'll have to defend it all the way to Paris. There's a dude named John Grisham right behind me. I hear that he's pretty good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,
my wife encouraged me to buy your book at the 2005 Tour De Georgia, right in the middle of an intersection before the big mountain climb...
You signed the book to my wife and I and then jumped into the big swag van and off you went.
Needless to say, my wife began reading the book at night and didn't put it down till she finished it on our flight home. I did the same, read and read till I finished it, in a matter of days. I enjoyed it, and the way it was written. It's a great book and inspiration to anyone out there who is a cyclenthusiast (just made that word up). Enjoy the success of the book now, you deserve it.
Mark from Ohio

11:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home