hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: Pavlov's Author

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Pavlov's Author

I heard that they'd be broadcasting the Tour de France on the big screen in Times Square so I went over there and the next thing I knew, they pointed a television camera at the crowd. Having been promoting my book non stop for over a year now, I did the first thing that came to mind. I showed a copy of my book to the camera. Next thing I know, my cell phone is ringing off the hook. I couldn't believe how many people saw me and either called or e-mailed. The most amazing thing is that both my three year old and seven year old daughters were watching separate televisions at the time and both saw me. Why would little girls be watching cycling, you ask? Hey. My girls have great taste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home