hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: What a Day!

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

What a Day!

Are any of you watching the Tour de France? I'm watching moving from New York Starbucks to New York Starbucks watching streaming Danish video of the stages and listening to Eurosport audio in between doing media interviews and calling other media trying to drum up new interviews. Today, though, I was glued to the screen, my hands pressed so tightly over my headphones that I missed a call from Sporting News Radio. What an incredible stage! If you don't know what all the fuss is about regarding the Tour de France, go wherever you have to (bar, sports club, bike shop) to see the OLN broadcast today. I know that they will air it at least two more times. After you watch, if you can't figure out what all the excitement is about I suggest you see your cardiologist because there is a good chance you have no pulse. The Lance Armstrong era is about to end. Grab on and at least give yourself a taste.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do I need to do to watch streaming Danish video of the stages and listen to Eurosport audio? I have a cable modem broadband connection. OLN, the Daily Peloton and reading "The Race" (which I started yesterday) just aren't enough. I love the book and will certainly buy the sequel when available.
pry@earthlink.net

5:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home