hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: Drafting on a Legend

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Drafting on a Legend



Last week I got the the opportunity to ride with Greg Lemond. Back in the '80's, he was the man who caused me to fall in love with pro cycling. That doesn't make me unique, because I know thousands of others who became passionate about the sport for the same reason. Lemond's comeback from near death after a hunting accident remains one of the most inspiring sports stories I know of.

I'm pleased to report that Greg is an extremely nice guy, and he still has a huge engine. Granted, I spend way more time writing than riding, but I'm still fairly fit. When the roads bent up he left me in the dust.

If you ever get the chance to meet Greg I highly recommend that you take full advantage. You'll be glad you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home