hit tracker Dave Shields Author Blog: Best of State!

A journal detailing my efforts to launch my career as a novelist. The goals are to share info about succeeding in this field with other aspiring authors, to provide updates to the many supporters who have asked me for them, and ultimately to build the momentum necessary to assure success in this venture.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Best of State!

What a week it's been! I've been contacted by top flight editors who are interested in aquiring my work, asked to play major roles in cycling events, attended great races, and much more. To top it all off, I just learned that I've won a Best of State medal! I've seen these awards go to the most prestigious corporations in Utah on the televised ceremony, and I've watched as they publicized the accomplishment and pushed their business to even higher levels.

I'm honored (and slightly stunned) to have joined their ranks, but that doesn't mean that I don't feel I've earned it. A few years back, if anybody had told me I was going to have to work so hard to make my career as a novelist a reality I wouldn't have believed them. I had no idea of the lengths I'd go to to market my novels, guerilla or otherwise. The process has changed me for the better. I'm primed for success, and can't wait to accept my new award at the black tie affair on June 24.

Until then I'll keep flying too and fro promoting my books. I'll be at a race in Lehi tomorrow, and a huge recreational ride in Chicago the next day, and one of the nations largest female only cycling events shortly after that. Ride on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home